Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Counting by 7's By Holly Sloan



To be orphaned is devastating, but to be orphaned twice is unimaginable.  For Willow Chance, this is her devastating reality.  This brilliant, yet eccentric and endearing 12 year old, finds salvation in unlikely places when her world is shattered.  With the help of new friends and a very unique surrogate family, Willow learns to build a new life.

I fell in love with Willow when I read this book, and I immediately wanted to adopt her myself.  She is such a smart, resilient and precocious child, that you can’t help but admire her. 

This book will appeal to anyone looking for a story about being an outsider, coping with loss, or discovering what is really valuable and important in life.

If you liked Almost Home, Wonder or Out of My Mind, you will love Counting by 7’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment